Comprehensive care tailored-fit for your condition
Services Available for Residents with Dementia:
- Assistance with eating
- Redirection and distraction techniques if the resident’s actions pose a hazard to themselves or others.
- Incontinence care
- Hygiene and dental care
- Personalized activities
- Monitoring for changes with appropriate notification to the MD
- Assistance with medication routines
- Observation for changes in behavior that would warrant MD intervention
Physical Environment Related to Dementia Care
We shall provide a dementia-friendly environment, including labeling common items, reducing background noise, and providing colorful stimulation, which can have significant benefits on the resident’s symptoms, including reduction of agitation and possibly, confusion.
- Encourage a homelike setting: familiar furniture, comforters, pictures, and decorations
- Display resident’s artwork or pictures related to the resident’s favorite hobby
- Eliminate background noise and play soft music during meals and ADL
- Provide chairs that are easy to get in and out of, and tables at the correct height
- Provide drawers and closets that open easily
- Avoid clutter which can increase confusion and agitation from excessive decorations, or general clutter around the facility.
- Use soft but sufficient lighting.
- Keep common areas and hallways easy to navigate: adequate lighting, good spacing between furniture, color contrast between floors and walls, adequate handrails.